During pregnancy, you need to make a lot of lifestyle changes, especially when it comes to the food you eat. Eating healthy foods is of utmost importance, as your body needs essential nutrients for the growth and development of your baby. A proper diet can help you to maintain a healthy weight. It can also help you to reduce the risk of birth complications, thereby ensuring you have a safe and healthy pregnancy.
If you are not sure what foods to eat and avoid during pregnancy, then the below infographic can help. This infographic is a checklist of pregnancy nutrition and includes different food groups that ensure your body gets the right amount of daily nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Foods That You Should Eat During Pregnancy
- Dairy products like milk, yogurt, and cheese. These provide you with protein and calcium, while the probiotics found in yogurt can lower the risk of birth complications.
- Eggs provide almost every nutrient that you need during pregnancy, making it a must-have food item.
- Dark, leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, broccoli are high in fiber content, which helps prevent constipation. Plus, they provide essential vitamins like folate, potassium, iron, vitamin A, C, and K.
- Dried fruit and nuts are vitamins and mineral-rich and high in calories and natural sugar.
Foods To Avoid During Pregnancy
- Raw and undercooked meat, eggs, sprouts, and fish. These can cause severe infection as they are prone to bacterial and parasite contamination.
- Processed and canned foods, which provide zero nutrient value, while street food can cause digestive problems and food poisoning.
- Excessive caffeine and herbal teas will harm fetal growth.
Now that you know what to eat and avoid during pregnancy, we hope that with this checklist, you find it easy to plan a healthy and well-balanced diet.