A lot of men mess up when it comes to packing. Most of them find it convenient to stuff their bags with clothes and toiletries randomly. And when they need something, they keep searching and shuffling things.
If you are a globe trotter or a travel person, you must pay special attention to packing.
What Is A Travel Packing List?
– It is a list that makes things easier for you. It is an essential checklist that guides you – on what you need to pack along and what is not so important.
When you follow packing guidelines, it leaves a lot of room in your suitcase, so that you can travel light. Let us dig deep and talk about some essentials of packing.
For Weekend Trip:-
Most men get excited to reach their destination, so they don’t think about preparation. For a casual weekend trip, you can pack light. Also, you can pick brighter colors over pastel ones.
It’s vital to choose one versatile colored sports or denim jacket that can go well with any trousers or jeans. Dark straight-leg jeans will go with any tee or shirt.
Don’t forget to carry your white sneakers for your weekend trip. A pair of white sneakers add a visual element – making you look casually smart. Carry two clean dress shirts – including one white shirt.
What Should You Carry On A Weekend Trip?
- 2 or 3 cotton dress shirts or undershirts
- One pair of chinos or dark jeans
- Undershirts and pocket shirts for jackets
- Neckties or extra tee if needed
- Toiletries in a zipper pouch
For A Short Business Trip:-
For a short business trip, stick to light packing. Find the correct bag or suitcase design for your trip. Depending on the duration of your trip – you can choose military-style duffels, athletic style bags, large bags, or small hanger bags.
The design of the bag determines your appearance. Plus, you would not want to get off the plane, well-suited but with a bright yellow-colored bag. A business bag should be classy and simple. Stick to practical and minimal clothing and things for a business trip.
What Should You Carry On A Short Business Trip?
- A dark suit and gray wool trousers
- Pair of oxford dress shoes and leather dress belt
- White cotton dress shirt and light-colored dress shirt
- Three pairs of socks and three pairs of undershirts
- Two neckties with light patterns
- One colored and one linen pocket square
- Cufflinks and tie clips
- Toiletries in a travel kit
For Longer Trips:-
A longer trip equals proper space planning for packing your essentials and clothing. As longer trips include multiple travel days, you will need to pack lighter clothes that you can repeat after washing.
For example, you can carry a lightweight sports jacket, light-colored shirts, jeans, cargo pants, comfortable slips-on, convertible leather belt, matching socks, undershirt, and casual shoes.
Depending on the clothes – you may not need too many jeans or tees. Segregate your choice of clothes, and then carry them along.
What Should You Carry On A Long Business Trip?
- 1 or 2 business suits or blazers
- 3 pairs of cotton dress slacks
- 6 collared dress shirts with one white shirt
- Dark fitted jeans with lightweight sweaters
- Leather dress shoes and matching socks
- Undershirts and pocket squares
- Neckties if needed
- Toiletries in the travel pouch
How To Pack Toiletries For Travel?
It is where most men get stuck. Unless you’re traveling at a length, you don’t need to carry many things in a toiletries bag. Carry small cleaning products as they may be available at the place you’re visiting.
It is essential to stick to basic things. Carrying too many things is not needed, especially if it’s a weekend trip or a small business trip. You can stick to essentials like:
- Small body wash or shower gel
- Disposable razors
- Shaving foam or gel
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Nail clippers
- Medical essentials – paracetamol, iBrufen, and antiseptic wipes (carry the medicines as prescribed by your doctor).
What Electronics Or Gadgets Should You Carry Along?
You could be a big gadget freak, but packing all your gadgets on your trip is a bad idea. Besides, gadgets need care and maintenance, so it’s essential to stick to only those required. A mobile phone is one necessity – you can’t do without, but there are a few more on the list:
- Charger, also an extra one if you have one (in case you misplace your original charger)
- Your travel camera if its a leisure trip
- iPad or electronic reader
- Music player
- Portable speaker
- A torch and a solar watch
A laptop is an essential gadget if you are going on a business trip. So, carry a laptop bag separately to keep your laptop protected. If possible, get insurance cover for a laptop or a mobile phone to secure your gadgets.
Final Clothes Packing List For Men:-
- At least carry 5 lightweight vest tops or tees if you are going for a long trip. If it’s a weekend trip, stick to one or two
- Carry one thin long-sleeved shirt
- Pair of light cotton trousers or linen
- Cotton undies that can last a couple of days
- Pair of thin socks
- Pair of casual shoes or flip flops for the beach
- Pair of jeans or cotton trousers
- A formal suit if its a business event
Do Pack Light
Packing your essentials also depends on the trip. A short trip does not require you – to fill your suitcase with clothes and shoes. Similarly, a longer trip can do with repeated clothes.
Space is essential when you keep your things in the bag. Ensure that you keep everything organized and tidy. You should be able to access things in seconds. Avoid fancy bags for business trips. Lastly, have patience when you do all the packing.
Vivek is an Outreach specialist for Blogs. He is also a writing enthusiast fond of healthy and happy living. He believes Knowledge gets better when shared. So he founded The Mindful Bytes as a platform for people who love to read and write anything that has to do with Health, Tech, Business, Finance, and Lifestyle.